Over the past ten years, my work experience has revolved around the online worlds as a web producer, project manager, creative strategist, UX lead and interaction designer.
I've dipped my toes into everything from enterprise level websites to mobile apps to bleeding edge tech including Arduino, projection mapping and NFC/RFID. Here's a quick snapshot of work I've done on a few of the projects I've been involved with.
If you'd like to know more, come say hello.
Some of the projects I've managed have even won awards. Awards! Awards you may even be familiar with! Everyone loves awards, right?
AT&T: You've Got A Case, D&AD Nomination 2012 (Famous Interactive, BBDO NY)
AT&T: You've Got A Case, Cannes Cyber Lion - Direct 2012 (Bronze) (Famous Interactive, BBDO NY)
AT&T: You've Got A Case, Facebook Studio Gold Award 2012 (Famous Interactive, BBDO NY)
AT&T: You've Got A Case, Silver Clio 2012 (Famous Interactive, BBDO NY)
Ice Age 4: Walk The Plank, FWA Public Shortlist 2012 (Famous Interactive)
Ice Age 4: Walk The Plank, Webby Award: Best Use Of Animation or Motion Graphics 2012 (Famous Interactive)
PNC: The 12 Gifts Of Christmas, FWA SOTD 2011 (Famous Interactive, Deutsch NY, Hornet, Inc.)
PNC: The 12 Gifts Of Christmas, Webby Award: Best Use Of Animation 2011 (Famous Interactive, Deutsch NY, Hornet, Inc.)
Sprint: Be A 3D Star, 2011 Communicator Award (Famous Interactive / Euro RSCG Chicago)
Sprint: Be A 3D Star, Dope Award 2011 (Famous Interactive / Euro RSCG Chicago)
Sprint: Be A 3D Star, Official Webby Nominee, Telecommunications Category (Famous Interactive / Euro RSCG Chicago)
Sprint: Be A 3D Star, IAC Award, Outstanding Website (Famous Interactive / Euro RSCG Chicago)
Sprint: Be A 3D Star, Finalist OMMA 2011— Online Advertising Creativity, Website (Famous Interactive / Euro RSCG Chicago)
Sprint: Be A 3D Star, FWA SOTD Award, Mobile category (Famous Interactive / Euro RSCG Chicago)
Sprint: Be A 3D Star, Silver Addy, Website, Consumer Flash, Products (Famous Interactive / Euro RSCG Chicago)
Wonka Wrapper, FWA Public Shortlist (Famous Interactive, Ogilvy New York)
Wonka Wrapper, IAC Outstanding Social Media Campaign (Famous Interactive, Ogilvy New York)
BUSINESS OBJECTIVES AND KPI'S
WRITING FOR DIGITAL DEVICES
ANALYTICS AND WEB TRACKING
PITCH/RFP CREATION AND SUPPORT
VENDOR AND SUPPLIER LOGISTICS
BUSINESS CASES AND ROI MODELS
INTEGRATED DIGITAL PRODUCTION
WATERFALL, AGILE & SCRUM
CLIENT, AGENCY & REMOTE TEAMS
MS PROJECT, BASECAMP, ACTIVECOLLAB
SOW, MSA AND FREELANCE MANAGEMENT
POST PROJECT REVIEW & CASE STUDIES
USE CASE CREATION
TYPOGRAPHY AND BRANDING
MOBILE DESIGN AND USABILITY
HAPTIC INTERFACE UX
FOCUS GROUPS AND PERSONAS
VISIO, OMNIGRAFFLE, AXURE
Too European to be American, too American to be European, I grew up in New York, spent a ridiculous amount of time in Berlin, Hamburg, London, Auckland and Wellington and am currently running around Los Angeles* (Subject to change at any time. No purchase necessary. Terms and Conditions apply) as a digital/production/creative/user experience strategist and practitioner.
In a past life, I ran a non-commercial radio station and a techno record label. I did graphic design, was a music journalist and also have a shady past doing A&R and radio promotions. In a future life, it would not surprise me if I was a rally car driver or a celebrity chef.
I currently spend a lot of time thinking about digital objects and how both clients and customers interact with them. I harbor several unhealthy obsessions that revolve around technology, avant-garde music, experimental design and independent coffee roasters. I hate being bored and despite all this craziness, I'm still desperately trying to find time to learn Processing and Cinder. Did I mention that I really need a haircut?
Now that's out of the way...wanna grab a coffee and solve some problems together?
* Measure twice, cut once.
* Be authentic, relevant and credible in your brand positioning.
* Just because it's not a premium brand doesn’t mean the experience should feel cheap.
* Every solution to an RFP should always do three things: surprise, delight and enlighten.
* You will never have enough time or money. That should never stop you from doing great work.
* Having a coffee and conversation with someone will teach you more than just raw data will.
* "Marketing Intelligence" is often as big an oxymoron as saying "Thank God I'm an Atheist".
* A truism: "Your strategy means nothing if you can't execute it properly."
* Trying to sell through a minimal, Swiss-influenced grid system to Chinese consumers is a bad idea.
* Same goes for a bandwidth intensive experience in New Zealand.
* Truly effective project managers will have done the job of everyone on their team at least once.
* The above goes double for anyone in senior management.
* The project isn't done until the post-project review and case study are complete.
* Your copy is just as important as your navigation and content hierarchies. Adjectives really matter.
* Please use a proofreader.
* Apple and Microsoft's HCI guidelines exist for a reason. Learn them.
* Design is not about Photoshop or After Effects. It's about problem solving.
* Avoid individuals, agencies and brands who don't understand or don't value digital experiences.
Whether it's discussing a potential new project, amazing new band, superior coffee roaster, impressive indie magazine or new technological advance, I'm always up for great conversation. Let's chat.